Monday, April 30, 2012

warning: cheesy post ahead

In exactly a week from tomorrow, I will be done with my freshman year of college. Talk about bittersweet. It's hard to start a post to sum up a year that has been so incredible, challenging, encouraging, and most importantly, has taught me that the Lord is faithful above all things.

I still remember showing up at A&M last August to move into my dorm room. I still remember the excitement and butterflies I felt as I started the transition from the place where I had spent my whole life, to a totally brand new one. I had so many expectations and goals for my first year; most of which didn't play out the way I wanted them to. But, the Lord is faithful and His plan is far greater and more beautiful than I could ever hope.

One of the biggest prayers I had going into college was for solid friendships. I fervently prayed that the Lord would place people in my life who loved the Lord and would encourage me in my walk with Him. He far exceeded my expectations. I have been blessed with INCREDIBLE friends this year. They not only encourage me in my walk with the Lord, but they challenge me, laugh with me, hold me accountable, and love me despite all of my faults. Whether it was asking how my day went, sending encouraging texts when I was stressed about school, going on endless Sonic Happy Hour runs, road trips late at night, hanging around talking about random things, late night deep convos about how awesome the Lord is, hammocking sessions, or dance parties on the side of the road, they have taught me what it truly means to serve and love others. It overwhelms me how faithful the Lord is. I am so very thankful for my friends; time with them just makes my heart happy (sorry for being so cheesy haha). 

This summer is going to be different than any other one I have experienced before. My very best friends will be spread out all over the place. I won't see most of them for 3 months. It is going to be weird not being able to just head over to their rooms when I am bored, upset, or just looking for someone to talk to. But, it makes it so much sweeter knowing that I have the next 3 years with them ( and hopefully the rest of my life). That I will be living with a lot of them in the house next year. And that the others will be close by. 

I literally cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for my friendships these next few years. Looking back over the course of the year just makes me so excited to see my old friendships solidify and grow, and to see the new ones that might form. 

He. Is. Faithful. 

All the time.

P.S- Trailblazing for camp is in 18 DAYS!! More to come on that in another post.

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment