Wednesday, April 18, 2012

stir in me a desire

This past semester I have been studying the life of David. A man who earnestly and fervently sought the Lord; a man after God's own heart. The way he saw the beauty, power, and majesty of the Lord is very humbling. David had a passion for God that spilled out into everything that he did and said. He was a broken human being who had many, many faults (just like the rest of us), but yet the Lord chose to use him. He stirred a desire in David to pursue Him intimately. A desire that transformed the way David lived. No matter what he did, David always turned back to the Lord and submitted himself to Him.

Recently, I have been praying for a desire to know the Lord more intimately. For a passion to seek Him out every day and to grow in my relationship with Him. I want to view God the way David did. I want to be completely overwhelmed and humbled by His presence. I prayerfully want the Lord to consume me and stir in me a desire to pursue Him wholeheartedly.

How different my life would be if I lived in total, complete awareness of the Lord. If He filled all of my thoughts and I lived a life of excitement and joy because of that? The Lord IS IN everything; He IS everything. I need to be reminded of that constantly. When we can come to terms with just how incredible, how beautiful the Lord is, we won't be able to stand not being in His presence.

I have also started to realize that even when walking step by step with the Lord, I am going to mess up. I'm human after all. I am a perfectionist so for a long time I would never ask for the Lord's forgiveness because that meant I failed at something. Thankfully, the Lord has taught me that I am by no means perfect and I never will be.... Broken and sinful, yet made in the image of God; that is who I am. And getting to ask for the Lord's forgiveness is a humbling thing. It reminds me that I am a sinner, saved by the Lord's unending grace. 

Lord, give me a desire to seek your face each and every day. Stir in me a passion for Your precious, holy name; an excitement that fills me with joy because I am in your presence. Transform my heart.

"Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth."- Hosea 6:3

"Oh God, your are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in dry and weary land where there is no water.....So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:1, 4



P.S- Can we just talk about how yesterday was Sonic Happy Hour ALL DAY LONG. Definitely went more than once. Not ashamed at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment