Sunday, April 15, 2012

before the throne

Have you ever just sat still and listened to the lyrics of a song? Let them sink in and penetrate your heart? Today in church we sang the song, "Before the Throne"; one of my all time favorite worship songs. What a powerful song that holds so much depth and meaning. One stanza (I think that's what it's called) of the song says, 

When Satan tempts me to despair, 
And tells me of the guilt within, 
Upward I look, and see Him there
Who made an end to all my sin.

What a wonderful picture of how we should live our lives. When we are tempted, overwhelmed with the burden of sin, where else would/should we look than to Christ. We can't live without Him. Life is just too hard, and we can so easily become tangled up in the mess that sin can create.I have found that when I turn to the Lord for help during a difficult period, my burdens are lighter compared to when I try to do life on my own. When I try to be in control. 

It truly is humbling to realize how much God loves us, and how He NEVER leaves us. Even when we chose not to turn to Him when we are in desperate need of His strength and peace. The Lord is always there; I prayerfully need to remember to let go of the world and grab onto His waiting hands. To cling to Him, and look up to Him when I am struggling. 

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."- Isaiah 41:10

 "God is our refuge, our strength, a very present help in trouble."- Psalm 46:1

No comments:

Post a Comment